Current High School Students

The University defines a first-year applicant as one who is applying for degree status directly from high school. The University offers admission to applicants who present an academic record that demonstrates their ability to graduate. The following documentation is required for consideration of admission for all applicants currently enrolled in high school:

  • Official high school transcript or equivalent (GED®, HiSET®, or TASC®)
    • Rigor of high school academic program and academic performance will be assessed at a 2.5 unweighted GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
  • Official transcripts from all postsecondary, accredited degree-granting institutions reflecting dual enrollment credit, if applicable
  • Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) scores, if applicable

The university expects all applicants to have completed by high school graduation the following course work, at a minimum:

  • Four years of English
  • Three years of mathematics, including Algebra I or Applied Math I & II, Formal Logic or Geometry
  • Three years of history or social science
  • Two years of science in at least two different areas, with at least one lab experience

ACT and/or SAT scores are optional, but strongly encouraged. While an essay, resume, and two letters of recommendation are not required for admission, they may help us to assess your qualifications. If submitting an essay, you’re encouraged to submit 300-500 words outlining your career goals and how Embry-Riddle will assist in attaining those goals. Resumes can include your academic and extra-curricular activities, awards, honors, employment, etc. Letters of recommendation should be from a school counselor, teacher, or employer.

Admitted students will be permitted to enroll in Embry-Riddle Worldwide coursework no sooner than the July term of their graduation year. An official, final high school transcript with all grades posted demonstrating continued academic progress and graduation must be submitted to Embry-Riddle within the first term of enrollment. Students located in the state of California are required to submit an official, final high school transcript prior to enrolling in coursework.


For both undergraduate and graduate applicants, additional documentation may be required for admission and consideration of credit from military, licensure, or other documented experiential learning. Applicants using Veteran’s Administration benefits will be required to submit transcripts from all prior institutions attended (to include non-accredited and non-degree granting institutions) and all National Exam scores prior to admission. Admission into some degree programs may require an applicant to have a higher GPA, meet other special requirements, and/or submit additional documentation. Academic, judicial, and disciplinary notations on transcripts will be reviewed on a case by case basis and may impact admission.


All applicants who have educational experience outside the United States are required to provide an official course-by-course evaluation in English, to include the cumulative grade-point average, unless specifically exempted through a qualifying ERAU program. Refer to the International Admissions section of the catalog for details on foreign credential evaluations.