Catalog Compliance and Supplements
In compliance with federal laws and regulations, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law in any of its policies, procedures, or practices. An Equal Opportunity institution, the University does not discriminate in the recruitment and admission of students, in the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, or in the operations of any programs and activities.
Designed for use during the 2020-2021 academic year, this catalog gives a general description of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and provides detailed information regarding the departments within the institution and curricula offered by the University.
Supplements to the catalog are available. The provisions of the catalog do not constitute a contract between the student and the University. The faculty and trustees of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University reserve the right to change, without prior notice, any provision, offering, or requirement in the catalog. This includes the right to adjust tuition and fees, as necessary. The University further reserves the right at all times to require a student to withdraw for cause.
Supplements to the catalog are provided to reflect updates applied that may include additions, corrections, and/or changes to the initial publication of the catalog and only published in the official online version of the catalog.
The 2020-2021 catalog is effective July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
- 08/2020 - Current High School Students - (required documentation verbiage updated)
- 08/2020 - High School Graduates - (Applicants Under the Age of 20 and Applicants Age 20 and Older update)
- 09/2020 - Accreditation, Associations, and State Authorizations - (GSP and ASHM designations added)
- 09/2020 - Dean's List, Honor Roll, Warning, Probation, Suspension, and Dismissal - (Suspension verbiage update)
- 09/2020 - Financial Assistance: Grants, Loans, Scholarships - (Student Financial Services email update)
- 09/2020 - Degrees and Programs - (Nomenclature updated from "Certificate of Completion" to "Certificate")
- 10/2020 - Estimated Cost of Attendance - (Civilian Cost, 2 Courses update)
- 10/2020 - M.S. in Occupational Safety Management - (BCSP GSP program verbiage update)
- 10/2020 - Veteran Student Services (Virginia State Grievance Policy added)
- 10/2020 - M.S. in Unmanned and Autonomous Systems Engineering (Program-Specific Criteria update)
- 10/2020 - M.S. in Unmanned Systems (Program-Specific Criteria removed)
- 10/2020 - B.S. in Aeronautics (4+1 Option verbiage update)
- 11/2020 - Financial Aid and Services (Tuition & Fees updated; SGA fee added)
- 01/01/2021 - Airworthiness Engineering - (New Graduate Certificate)
- 01/01/2021 - Applied Meteorology - (New Minor Course of Study)
- 01/01/2021 - B.S in Technical Management - (Project Management Major removed, 4+1 Option removed)
- 01/01/2021 - B.S. in Engineering - (Engineering and Physical Science update)
- 01/01/2021 - M.S. in Aerospace Engineering - (Program Core update)
- 01/01/2021 - M.S. in Airworthiness Engineering - (Program Core and Electives update)
- 01/01/2021 - Industrial Organizational Psychology - (New Minor Course of Study)
- 01/01/2021 - Revised Courses: MATH 201, MATH 202, MCMP 690, MGMT 420, MGMT 482, MSES 520, SFTY 600, SFTY 691, STAT 211, STAT 222, UNSY 515, BSSM 491, MISA 532, MMIS 541.
- 01/01/2021 - New Courses: WEAX 301
- 01/01/2021 - Deleted Courses: AENG 534, FIND 516, FIND 619, FIND 620, MBAA 520, MBAA 658, MBAA 662, MBAA 663, MBAA 667, MGMT 308, MGMT 322, MGMT 492, WEAX 302,