Student Grievance

Student Grievance

It is the policy of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University to administer its educational programs both on and off campus in a manner that is fair, equitable, academically sound and in accordance with the appropriate regulations and criteria of its governing board, accrediting association, and federal and state laws and regulations. To this end, Worldwide students are provided an opportunity to express any complaints, grievances, or disputes.

Students are encouraged to first address any issues with the faculty or staff member for which the grievance is based. If unresolved, the student should complete the Grievance (Complaint) form. The Dean of Students Office is the senior-most authority concerning student grievances; they will review the grievance and ensure that it is forwarded to the appropriate department or college if necessary for their review and action. The department or college will communicate back to the Dean of Students Office their decision, or recommended action. The Dean of Students Office will communicate with the student and provide further guidance, if appropriate.

A student may register a grievance, however, no official actions will be considered beyond the statute of limitations, which is 30 days after the incident. A timely resolution of student grievances is a top priority of ERAU-Worldwide. The Dean of Students Office will strive for a resolution to a student grievance within 30 days of receipt.

The institution does not offer an appeal on a final outcome from the institution's formal grievance process. If a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached through the Institution, please see the State Authorization page for your State’s specific process for filing a grievance. Students attending on-site courses at an ERAU location in the State of Florida, please contact the below office for assistance.

Office of Articulation
Department of Education

Students will not be subject to adverse action by the Institution as a result of filing a grievance.

At any time, students may contact the Student Ombudsman to gain advice and specific direction in seeking a resolution.

Distance Education Student Grievance Process

Out-of-state distance education students participating under the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) (http://nc-sara.org/), who have completed the internal institutional grievance process and the applicable state grievance process, may appeal non-instructional complaints to the FL‐SARA PRDEC Council. For additional information on the complaint process, please visit the FL-SARA Complaint Process page https://www.fldoe.org/sara/student-concerns.stml.

The State of California is not a member of NC-SARA. AS such, residents of this state may not appeal through these means and should consult their home state grievance process.

State of Georgia Grievance Process

If you have a home address in the State of Georgia and a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached through the institution, you may contact NPEC for further assistance. To file a complaint with the state, contact the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission.

Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220
Tucker, GA 30084
Phone: (770) 414-3300
Fax: (770) 414-3309